This Grindelwald-First excursion is everything you’d want to experience in Switzerland, and more! Delight in magnificent views of the Eiger North Fac and surrounding scenery and then prepare yourself for some truly remarkable alpine adventure. Experience the spectacular First Cliff Walk, or go for a 50-minute hike on the trail to Lake Bachalp. Most who embark on this excursion cannot forgo the chance to try the First Flyer, an 800 metre zipline from First to Schreckfeld traveling at a top speed of 84 km/h – this activity will leave you breathless. Journey back down from Bort to Grindelwald on a trottbike or perhaps try out a Mountain Cart. Travelling with children? You’ll want to set some time aside for them to enjoy the adventure play area at the Bort station, a wonderful playground catering to smaller visitors. Treat yourself to an amazing meal at the Restaurant First, offering 350 seats and a lovely sun terrace to take in more picturesque views. Grindelwald First, it may be your first peak adventure, but certainly won’t be your last.
- A 10 minute walk through the village of Grindelwald will bring you to the base station and roundtrip travel on the three-segment First aerial cableway
- Children under 4 travel for free.
Grindelwald-First: stunning views and adventure await.
- Includes round-trip travel from Interlaken or Grindelwald (base station) to First.
- First Cliff Walk by Tissot: a 40 meter (131 ft) long suspension bridge that leads along the rock-face to the west side of the summit and has a 45 meter (148ft) long observation platform and panoramic views.
- 30-minute travel time with a stop in Bort and Schreckfeld.
- Child’s play area at Bort station.
- Marmot Trail: family hiking trail lined with signposts and carved marmots to guide the way on the 2-hour hike (mid June – October).
- Discounted fares are only valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Passes that include Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Will there be someone to help me find my reserved seat on the train?
A. Generally speaking, train cars and seats are prominently marked. If you have any trouble finding your reserved seat, one of the conductors on the platform or onboard the train will be able to assist you.
Q. Are there discounts on train tickets?
A. Yes. Discounts are available for select train tickets. some rail carriers offer advance purchase discounts for those who like to book early. In addition, youth, child, and/or senior discounts are offered by some European rail carriers. When you begin your ticket search, be sure to enter in any applicable passenger data so that we can provide you with the best fares for your journey.
Q. What is the "validity period" of a rail pass?
A. The validity period of a rail pass is the time period in which you must complete your travels with your rail pass. This period is calculated from the date stamped on the rail pass by the railway official.
With a flexi pass this period is defined as a certain number of calendar months – typically one or two.
With a continuous day pass the validity period equals the number of travel days.
Q. What does “Activate my rail pass mean and how do I do it?
A. Activating your rail pass officially begins the clock on its travel period. This is done by having a railway official stamp and date your rail pass. Simply visit the ticket window at the train station before boarding your first train to have your pass activated. Most rail passes must be activated within 11 months of the purchase date. Boarding a train without activating your rail pass you risk being fined by the conductor.
Q. How can I subscribe to or unsubscribe from your e newsletter?
A. You can subscribe or unsubscribe from our e-newsletter at any time from your Rail Europe online account page. You will also find newsletter signup forms throughout our site, just enter your email address to begin receiving tips, deals, and offers in your inbox!
To unsubscribe, you can simply click the unsubscribe link found at the footer of our e-newsletter. This will unsubscribe you immediately.
Q. How do I request an exchange through the Rail Protection Plan™?
A. To apply for an exchange under the Rail Protection Plan™, please contact us via our Contact Us page. Rail passes/train tickets/reservations/city passes/tours may be exchanged for the same or new products.
Q. Who should I contact with questions about my exchange or refund?
A. You can visit our Contact Us page to send us a message about exchanges and refunds.
In your message, please be sure to include the original booking number, your contact information, and which item(s) you’re requesting a refund for. If you’re requesting an exchange under the Rail Protection Plan™, note this in your email as well.
Q. What happens if I don’t fill out my rail pass before boarding the train?
A. Those who travel with a rail pass in which the travel date is not filled in the travel calendar box risk payment of a full fare ticket and a fine.
Q. The promo code I have expired. What can I do?
A. We’re sorry, but once a promo code has expired, it’s unusable. You will need to proceed without the promo code to complete your booking.
Q. How fast can I receive my travel documents?
A. After your booking has been invoiced, you should receive your tickets and/or rail passes within 2-7 business days. In some locations, express overnight delivery may be available for an additional cost.
If you booked e-tickets, you should receive an email and ticket instructions shortly after your booking is confirmed.